The Paramount Room is a tribute to the renown Paramount Theatre, a movie theater built in 1915, just after the Great Fire of 1910. The theater was built in the same 800 block of Ryan Street as the Paramount Room, and it brought the glamorous silver screen to downtown Lake Charles for nearly 60 years. During the late Roaring Twenties, the Paramount Room was built as an auto garage to service the nearby Charleston Hotel, the Calcasieu Marine National Bank, and the Weber Building.
Empire of the Seed adopted the old garage and saw a vision for it to turn into a historic site while encouraging the growth of the downtown Lake Charles culture. The Paramount Room sits adjacent to the Calcasieu Marine National Bank with an open courtyard connecting the two venues. The courtyard spills onto Ryan Street and brings the life of downtown to the Paramount Room, and vice versa.